Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Waking up!

Stocktaking is a bitch. This is one of the few instances when I find that my life now consists of nothing but work and sleep, whereby I work really really late into the night, go back home to bed, and wake up straight to work again! We had to do the pre-counting of all the stuff in the shop after closing in preparation of tomorrow's stock-taking, and if you've ever been into a Ladies shop (like who hasn't?), you would probably know how messy that can be with all the stuff everywhere! And all the hidden stuff behind each rack we dig up frequently. "Oh! This is last year's model!" and we're all assigned to different areas with different stuff to count, after which had to paste this label on each metal arm of clothing to demarkate it. Anyway, somehow, and I don't know why, I ALWAYS end up doing the Women's Underwear. So I spent the whole hour or so counting a huge wall of Panties of all shapes and sizes, ranging from the really cute and pretty, to those even your great grandmother wouldn't wear, The really thickly padded ones that almost resembled those mummy poko pampers you see on TV, to those so transparent that really makes you wonder why ever to women even wear underwear at all? However if i HAD to choose a favourite out of that heap of mess, It'd probably be the red one with WONDER-WOMAN behind. To me the image of her flying forward with an arm outstretched and the strange japanese mumbo jumbo around her body somehow seemed pretty inspiring! Or probably she because she had the biggest rack in the whole marvel comic universe... Eitherways, honestly, I think wearing it would be really weird. If I imagined it correctly, If you wore the right way round... it would look at if she were flying outta your butt. Anyway enough with the underwear nonsense that went on in my head while i counted. I counted hundreds upon hundred of knickers till the very sight of one frightened me. Think I'd probably freak out if my future-girlfriend ever happened to wear one. "OMG could you please take that off right now?"

Anyway when the counting was finally done and all my mathematical capabilities ceased to function, it was time to go home again! Loooooong walks through city-link from Marina Square, Loooooong train rides back to Jurong MRT. Looooong walks from the MRT through IMM and finally to my home. A nice Loooooong shower, A bowl of grapes and a glass of milk before I finally climbed onto my bed hoping to dream of another 'Hawaiin Bikini-Babe-holiday', then the next thing, beep-beep-beep-beep! OMGWTF it's 6am already NBCB?! I snoozed through the first alarm with the phone still in my hand, trying to rest in DENIAL of the actual time. Finally the second alarm started to ring and it took me a pretty long while to finally summon enough strength to 'flop' myself off the bed, kinda like a fish out of the water. Gotta get to workplace by 8. Goddahm it where's the morale when there's no music! Nowadays I've decided to shower to party sing-a-long songs to keep my mind awake! Managed to reach on time, If not a little messy due to the rush. In order to be FAIR, we couldn't scan our items ourselves, so we had a fleet of Factory Aunties to do that for us while we assisted them. Fortunately mine was nice! AGAIN they all make the mistake that I'm malay ARGHHH. I have serious Ethnic issues! Why can't anybody guess my race correctly. PLUS my age. Desiree, a fillipino from Suntec thought I was 25... (when in fact she was really older than I am! By a year too.) Why? I look and dress very AH PEH MEH!? Haha oh well. Fortunately i was released earlier than usual today, at 4 30, for coming so early. Train ride home was uneventful, I was sandwiched in between two fat aunties, constantly dozing off (with my mouth closed thankfully!), and waking up periodically to amuse myself when i saw a bunch of army boys in front of me. The sadistic side wished for a black shirt with big white bold words "ORD, already, YOU KNOW?" Die all this work is making me enjoy even cheap thrills like this. Must find someway to balance my mind once again. Wanted to go jogging when i came home! but looked at the time! Can't jog on a full stomach and with sleepy eyes! ughhh. Guess I got to wait for another day.

Wouldn't it be great to date someone sporty? Great tan, Nice slim body, Sunny smile that always brings in the sunshine in every stuffy lonely heart? Awww. Somebody who's very image brings happiness? Hoho and would gladly accompany me for outdoor activities like sea sports? Canoeing? Swimming? Awesome. Ooooh a mindless obsession with only shopping trips all day totally kills the mood, like really a big fart in a crowded elevator. And all the places and things we could plan and do together! But hmmm does such a person actually even exist on this side of the continent? Well! Please pardon this lonely old man for daydreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment