Sunday, April 11, 2010

Life's a party

Man I do I smell of Charcoal and burnt meat! Just came home from Wei long's 23rd Birthday party, and it was another otherwise awesome meet up with my old camp mates again. Somehow gathering together for things apart from work really does feel good! Just sitting around a table and banter about our life, what we used to do, and for those still in the army, what's new and ongoing! Have a couple of drinks (with me sitting out again, because in this world! there are just SOME people who are not meant to drink!) , get their faces red and talk about the silliest of things! Throw in some clubbing music (thump thump thump thump), barbecue food, all by the poolside and hey we have a party! For me somehow there are short moments when time almost actually slows down, and i look around the table at each and every face surrounding me, some of these guys I've been through hell and back with, some of these guys I've trained personally, and I start to think back about the very few moments we shared, whether it's hard and sweaty in the back of fast moving truck through the jungles of Thailand, The cold wet weather in Taiwan whereby we were getting our faces blasted by frigid water at high speeds, Climbing up and down those CRAZY high mountains in Taiwan, all while wearing brightly-colored yellow,white and pink $2 raincoats, running around like Pac-man with a huge bag! Our nights together when we're just dead tired, yet energetic enough to say the dumbest of things , and then we flash right back into the present and you see these same people now, having a good time! It's as if these moments just fade away when they're done, they happen every time we meet, and each time we see each other, there's just this very GOOD feeling that we get that's indescribable, and we're instantly comfortable no matter how long we haven't seen each other! After all we HAVE shared the same roof (and bathroom) for what? more than a year together? And we're all so familiar with each other temperaments even now. Man do i miss the whole lot of them. So glad i came.

So anyway after they blew the cake, we decided to throw the birthday boy into the pool! BUT though we took out his phone i think we forgot about his wallet and HAHA his cigarettes, which were soaking wet and he might as well have made tea out of them on the spot. LUCKY his blackberry got removed first... If not we might have to get another gift! Dahm. So anyway, I decided I sorta wanted to make myself useful, and give cooking a go, while those... lazy ass army guys were busy tasting and digging their fingers into my chicken wings. Did pretty good tonight, no raw wings or meat for the first time! Food's a little burnt sometimes but it's still edible! I should do this more often hmmm! Anyway apart from cooking, I had to juggle with the sound system at the party, playing tunes right out of my ipod and setting the mood for everyone, Hope i made a good DJ HAHA! Oh i think everyone else cared apart from my group. It's too bad all my songs aren't arranged properly, so i had to run in and out of the function room to change songs, and back to the barbecue pit, and back to the bench to eat and talk cock, then back into the room again for the next song. But it felt pretty good! At least to see everyone at the party having a good time. Then after a few cans of beer, the boys decided that it's time for some gambling, AGAIN. I'm quite glad that after two hours of play i still walked out with at least $5! Hmmm maybe i should take up gambling part-time, since I seem to be earning about the same at work HOHO! Crazy. This was the best night I ever had in months, hopefully we can plan a nice night out with the boys to chill again, like after work or something. That'll really boost my morale for the month of April. Go go april ooooooh, 27 more days of eating bread...

No comments:

Post a Comment