Sunday, April 4, 2010

Don't you just love big Gatherings?

And so the merry month of April begins! Two good things about it is that there are plenty of birthday invites and gatherings to look forward to, as well as my very FIRST payday since army. It's amazing how to realise what a horrible person I really am, to have planned how to spend before the money even materialises in my ATM account! And each night whereby I constantly DREAM of that very moment, with me pressing my 6-digit pin no. to check my new savings balance wahahaha~! Such joy. But let's just hope it's a decent enough sum to last me the next month and give me abit of shopping space, and maybe a chance to catch some movies at least. I spent most of the month of MARCH toiling away brainlessly like an ant, and at home, hugging my tv just to save money! My own social life went down the drain completely, and i havent been able to dig it back out ever since! It was only when I watched the CLASH OF THE TITANS today with a few friends that im faintly reminded of my old, more bustling life. Guess that always happens on the first month of work don't it? Man I really miss the old days of roaming around town and ION for the food gallery, Mochi and Marvelous Cream followed by window shopping and movies with my buddies.

Today was Connie's 21st, and I must say a she invited a crazy hell lot of people to her house (which could barely even fit half of them!), all of her friends, all the way from secondary school, JC, poly, etc etc, PLUS her family members cousins etc etc etc, so i faintly counted at least maybe 40 different-sized heads? Can finds all sorts of Ah Beng, Abang, and Aneh there too, and most of them are dancers from dancegroups too, hence the caps, baggy shirts and really low pants. I think halfway through some of them started breakdancing and popping out of no where? So hey there's great food and free entertainment too if you didn't mind! I know i didn't, I was busy stuffing myself with spaghetti and ooooh good good glorious BACON HAM. I think i must have shamelessly swallowed half the bowl without much of a second thought. Another part of my evil mind was telling that since it was non-halal, I should do a better job in helping the host finish it. Anyway the theme of the party to was to dress up in PINK (our lovely host's fav. colour!), so YUP while i was waiting for the lift down by the void deck i could tell who was going to attend! Sadly though i had nothing particularly in PINK in my wardrobe, so i guess i sort of spoiled it coming in a green top, but at least I'll be easy to spot in the photos yes? So much for positivity. Anyway with that huge army of pink wearing people upstairs and downstairs, you'd probably that they were rallying for the Singapore Breast-Cancer Society if you were a stranger! Later on I was pretty amused by how two horrible bimbos were busy fussing over some polaroid photos (which my host-friend had only in VERY LIMITED amount.) We were all only supposed to take ONE photo with the host and as a group if possible to save on it because they were expensive? I guess those two just the camera would spit out a never-ending supply of photos, because they kept taking and taking and taking, "Eh not nice!", "Eh why behind got people one", "Eh alamak take with me leh?","Eh new pose new pose come come". And a group of us watched in utter horror as the clicked the film away. Of course the photos not nice lah wah lau! Ugly means ugly... You think take a hundred times maybe the chemicals inside the polaroid camera will react will change your face into Megan Fox? Anyway then we started the Birthday song, which was really really LOUD and lively. one of the BEST I've ever seen honestly. I would equate it to a concert haha! But most of all I really liked Connie's Dad, he was a really sweet and cool guy, really playing along well with his daughter? Wonder if I could do half of that as a dad myself in the future hmmm. Anyway as i went back to my old 'hangout' spot, I was AMAZED to still see the two idiots clicking away with the polaroid camera. Then, oh! Finally they stopped! Oh well mainly because the last two rolls of film ran out, featuring only them inside. Maybe they never been to a neoprint booth? My deepest condolences. What's more they decided they should keep all the photos themselves, and dumped all the ugly ones in the bin... just beside the camera... way to go Singapore! We should really review our country's average IQ and EQ standards again. And then I'm greeted by my host's otherwise upset and depressed face "OMG did they just use up all my film taking themselves and then keeping all the photos?! Those are bloody expensive and i need them to paste in my book!", "Yeah! and now they're going to eat your cake! STOP THEM!" Personally I'd feed them the candles if I were her, but still, it was supposed to be a HAPPY day, and they are guests so... yeah! Anyway I left the party shortly thereafter, happy for my friend! And I'm sure despite all that mishap, it must have been really touching to see all her friends, and so many of them! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AFTER TWO YEARS FINALLY I GET TO READ YOUR COMPO-LIKE POSTS AGAINNN!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG HAHA thank you thank you Aphoon for following me FAITHFULLY! Next time I see you I'll give you sweet yeah?

    ReplyDelete