Wednesday, April 7, 2010

One month down, Two more to go

Two more months before I return to the army! Three before I enter university (if they accepted me that is...) Then my life will go back to full throttle and move on! I dont expect my next two months to be any more eventful than the last? I'm already out of money which i have spent on my driving for this month, so I suppose I have to sacrifice some part of my social life to make up for it! The only thing keeping me going this time is the thought that 'if I dont learn to suffer now, how am I going to face the future', and strange enough, I sometimes think actually ENJOY the suffering.

Did alot of travelling today, first all the way to Bugis after an internet search on google for PS3 stuff! That crazy Final Fantasy 13 has been selling out faster than those Roti Boy buns when they first came out, and just before I got my pay! Fml. Fortunately after a few searches on the web I managed to find a nice joint where I could try my luck at getting my hands on it, located just beside two sleazy looking hotels mmmhmmm~ I couldn't help myself but peep in, even though it WAS in broad daylight, hoping to catch the faintest glimpse of something fishy buttt no, it's as clean as a hospital, though some rather suspiciously clad woman with heavily dyed hair was standing outside handing out flyers for I-don't-know-what. Should have taken one to see! Maybe she giving out tuition flyers! Anyway i think it's a bad idea for any woman with heavily dyed hair and rather revealing clothes to stand outside or loiter around a hotel 81 for so long, everybody's just going to assume that you might be a hooker you know. So yeah anyway! The point being, I managed to snag one copy of Final Fantasy 13 on the first try! Felt dahm good as if i just dug up some treasure from a somebody else's grave or something, and this baby's gonna have to keep me company and my morale up for the next month, so I'm really really counting on it. Geekish as I might sound, I dont really have much of a choice! If i need a reason to stay at home and save money, this is it! Though of course a new change in my life would be definitely be refreshing, maybe like getting a new job? Meeting someone new? Who knows, but i suppose this'll have to do for now.

Anyway most of mates from Marina Square are all about to leave after a month of working together! In a way it's quite sad because we had so much fun together, whether it's just day to day complaining about aches, pains, standing for hours, lack of sleep etc etc, or gossiping about people, customers, the girls next door outside our shop, even the mini-work place politics that would inevitably occur and go on? Even the guy i make jokes about is leaving! Now who can I laugh at! Well at least we'll see more new faces, some i might like some i might not. But i guess this may be the change of pace i need. And maybe the day-to-day happenings would be more eventful with new people.

Another month to see if i can survive with what little I have left! LEt's hope i fare better than the last. Maybe i wont have to sell my shorts this time round...

No comments:

Post a Comment