Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Payday's coming

Yup! In about an hour's time it'll be Payday! Finally all that standing, stand-sleeping, hundreds of otherwise-ignored greetings, and dealing with baby-ish customers is going to pay off! Though honestly I dont expect myself to get that much in the end! Maybe the next time someone asks me for a NEW PIECE I'll actually TRY to get one! Mmmm but i still have driving fees to deal with this month, so that practically chops my pay in half, unless of course i decided to totally give up on it? Which would be crazy. My dream of secrectly driving my dad's car out at night so funny places oooooh... Has to happen! Gotta work hard for that dream to happen though! So i suppose i'll probably be living on BREAD again for the merry month of May? Ah and pray that somehow i come up with a more interesting LUNCH MENU than the last, which almost killed me from poisoning (damned stale fried rice!) Sad thing about working here is that when you're tired, or REALLY tired, you tend to want to eat something hot and good, and some cold... soggy and DEFLATED bread. That's the only thing i can bring from home and the taste would still be roughly the same as i can imagine! Bringing stuff like fried rice or meat? After like 3 hours at my place when it goes cold, even the chicken starts to taste like fish! And dont even start with the vegetables! They became inedible the moment they left the wok and came in contact with the air! Ronald Macdonalds already has one hand in my pockets, and I DESPERATELY need to find a way to pry it out! he'll grab more than just my money~

Travel fares to Marina Square can be quite a bitch. Even though I WALK to the MRT almost everyday (unless i happen to be late!), and it takes me about 15 minutes to get there under the hot sun or drizzling rain, the fees to and fro would still cost me about 3 bucks everyday! But the suckiest feeling EVER, comes whenever you tap your card and the doors won't open, and instead this mocking RED LIGHT starts flashing in your face. And Somehow in my head I always hear this sarcastic voice coming out of the machine "AHAHAHA~ No money~ No Honey~ TOP UP TOP UP" And then I wonder if I could actually WALK to marina square instead... if so then I better start walking now, might still be able to punch in early. Hopefully the money IS sent into my ATM like the guy over the phone said! If not i'd have to get a cheque all the way from KOVAN, and i STILL have to wait for the bank to process it thereafter if that's the case how stupid! Think i shall go check now...

No comments:

Post a Comment