Wednesday, May 5, 2010

MAYDAY

I'm beginning to enjoy working once again! Or at least, GOING to work. Because each day i work, time flies by, and I know I'm one step closer to the grand prize... I can walk on with my head high, and not a care in the world! So long as I always have someone to talk to! These few days are filled with mixed blessings, with each day getting more exciting than the next? Man I really don't know what to expect.

First off it's my amazing lunch-box theft case! I used to pack my food in plastic and paper bags to work, but they kept tearing, and to save myself those embarrasing moments of having to hug my food in an awkward manner all the way for the train ride, i reluctantly had to use my Red FILA shoe-bag to stuff it all in. It was a great idea! I mean so far so good! Nothing bad ever comes out of it, maybe only a slightly bad smell... Ooops! Anyway, just this one day I had to use the citilink loo for a quick piss, so i left my shoebag at the sink, specifically, BEHIND the hand drier so no one could see it from outside, and you'd have to really turn your head to the right upon entering to see it. I was done about 30 seconds, unzipping, zipping and all, and when i came out the shoebag was simply... gone! So fast! I checked with the cleaners outside, they said they didn't see it! Man even david copperfield couldn't do it that fast, he always had to make a 45 second long speech or hand gestures before he did anything! Stupid loser ran so fast with my shoebag that he probably didn't even think through what was in it! Just because it's, you know, heavy, abit out of shape, doesn't mean it has something expensive? Honestly I would love to see the guys face when he opens it. Inside, my water bottle, and my lunchbox for the day. So much for the adrenaline rush and anxiety to get away huh pal? All you get is a good deal of rice and chicken, courtesy of Momma-Chen. Yeah F-Y-L. Basket. Honestly what pisses me off the most is that, I'm trying to save money, and that's a nice decent meal i'm about to have in DAYS. I ate BREAD for DAYS. And just when i get RICE and CHICKEN hot from the Kitchen you steal it away! And not just that! I know you're not going to find it useful, and after you steal my good stuff, you're probably just gonna throw it away! THAT i cannot accept. That mofo had better tried to eat it at least. and EAT THE VEGETABLES! Christ how many times have i fantasized swinging a baseball bat into his imaginary face already, or drowning him in the toilet bowl. That'll really give me some satisfaction! And goddahm it it's my mom's favourite lunch box, which she reluctantly lent me that very day. I felt so bad, i had to call her on the phone to tell her her lunchbox got stolen. I'm going to hunt him down, seriously.

Anyway cut the hair today, my usual stylists out of town for two weeks! Gonna miss her, so today i got a cut from a new guy. It looks a little different from the usual fare, in terms of my fringe now being really short, and my sides looking better! Let's hope for the best in a few days time, now it's really nice, slick and tidy!

Then on my way to work, the very last part before i walked into Topshop, why did it so happen for me to get that sudden big blast from the past that was long overdue. That green bag slung over her shoulder? That untied, shoulder-length hair I was so familiar with once, over a year ago? That same empty look with the eyes all over the floor or the phone? That same empty look I had fooled myself into believing back then. That very face I have not seen for a year, and can barely even remember, yet it was unmistakable. Fortunately for me the moment passed so quickly I didn't have any time to react or decide to react. I just walked forward, onward to work, onward to my new life. And fortunately for me there was little for her to recognise me by, with my hair, and my shades and other tiny personal effects which pretty much contrasted what i looked like a year ago. And amazing for all the hatred, fear, and repulsion i imagined to have arose from that very moment all along, It never materialized. I just felt empty, nothing, only the need to be on time. Perhaps it wasn't worth the effort, perhaps it just didn't matter. But it was a strong reminder to myself to keep walking on, even with these bloodied feet. I know that I have moved on, And I will never look at the floor again. So much out there to see when you look forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment